1) Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public in the performance of professional duties.
2) Act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance personal and professional honor, integrity and the dignity of the profession.
3) Treat with respect and consideration all persons, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, maternity, marital or family status, disability, age or national origin.
4) Engage in carrying out OIB Consulting’s mission in a professional manner.
5) Collaborate with and support other professionals in carrying out OIB Consulting’s mission.
6) Build professional reputations on the merit of services and refrain from competing unfairly with others.
7) Recognize that the chief function of OIB Consulting at all times is to serve the best interests of its constituency.
8) Accept as a personal duty the responsibility to keep up to date on emerging issues and to conduct themselves with professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
9) Respect the structure and responsibilities of the board of directors, provide them with facts and advice as a basis for their making policy decisions, and uphold and implement policies adopted by the board of directors.
10) Keep the community informed about issues affecting it.
11) Conduct organizational and operational duties with positive leadership exemplified by open communication, creativity, dedication, and compassion.
12) Exercise whatever discretionary authority they have under the law to carry out the mission of the organization.
13) Serve with respect, concern, courtesy, and responsiveness in carrying out the organization’s mission.
14) Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in such activities.
15) Avoid any interest or activity that is in conflict with the conduct of their official duties.
16) Respect and protect privileged information to which they have access in the course of their official duties.
17) Respect and protect privileged information to which they have access in the course of their official duties.